Poha Cutlets - with very little oil.







Thanks a lot for all the support you shower on me! It pushes me to do better each time.

I take your feedback very seriously and will make all efforts to share recipes that use less or no oil!! :) OK, OK enough of my story! let me share an awesome non- deep fried snack with you. 

I showed yo how to make Poha bullets in one of my previous posts , this time it is the Poha cutlets. This one i have tries to make with very little oil. I hope you guys will like it!


What do you need to make Poha cutlets?

  • Leftover poha 
  • Boiled potato
  • Corn flour 
  • Finely chopped coriander 
  • Finely chopped onion
  • Finely chopped green chillies 
  • Oil 


How to make Poha cutlets ?? 

Step 1 is to grind the left over poha and keep aside. What we have will be Poha Crumbs. 

Step 2 is to mash the boiled potato add corn flour, chopped onions, coriander, green chilies and  salt and now add the poha crumbs to this.Kneed this well. Add water only if needed, the dough should be in a  consistency that allows you to make patties easily. 






Step 3  is to heat a pan and make patties/ cutlets out of the dough and place these cutlets on it. add a little oil and shallow fry the cutlets from both sides. 





Step 4 is to sprinkle some black salt /  chat masala on the cutlets and serve them with some tomato sauce. 

Post a Comment

0 Comments